To fix a problem with Blackboard, you may need to empty your browser cache.
Here are instructions for various browsers:
Firefox for Windows
- If the Tools menu does not appear at the top, press the "ALT" key on your keyboard.
- From the Tools menu, select "Clear Recent History".
- From the "Time Range to clear" drop-down, choose "Everything"
- Under "Details" check "Cache" and "Cookies". Click "Clear Now"
- Open Google Chrome and click the Chrome menu () upper-right.
- Click Settings.
- Click "Show Advanced Settings..."
- Click the "Clear browsing data..." button.
- Select "the beginning of time" from the drop-down
- Check the following boxes, and click "Clear browsing data".
Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9, 10 (please upgrade to version 9 or 10 for Blackboard)
- Push the ALT key on the keyboard to reveal the menus at the top.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options...
- Choose the General tab.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete...
- Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files...
- Click Close, and then click OK to exit.
Internet Explorer 6 (not recommended for Blackboard, please update browser)
Firefox for Macintosh
- From the Firefox menu, select Preferences...
- From the sheet that drops down, select Privacy. In 2.0, click Clear Now. In 1.5, click Clear Cache Now. In 1.0, next to Cache, click the Clear button, and then OK.
Safari for Macintosh (not recommended for use with Blackboard)
- From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache...
- When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.