1. To show specific columns in a grade center view, first go to Grade Center > Full Grade Center in your Blackboard course, and click the Manage > Column Organization option. Move all grade center columns from the default location: "Shown in All Grade Center Views" to the section below "Not in a Grading Period", being careful to maintain your column order.
2. Next, verify your columns are categorized, if not use this to associate each column with a category:
3. Now we are ready to create the smart view as shown (Manage > Smart Views)
4. To limit the number of columns in your grade center smart view, choose to show one category of columns, select "Category and Status View items by their category and status" as shown, select the category from the Categories drop down and select the users to display or set to all users:
5. You may also limit the number of rows displayed based on criteria such as 1. Group affiliation, 2. Performance on an assessment, 3. individual students, or 4. a custom set of criteria as shown:
6. Setting the smart view as a favorite will show it as a Grade Center submenu option:
7. Your new Smart View will display under "Grade Center" at the lower left of your course site. Clicking the Smart View will display only the Columns in the Grade Center that match the Smart View criteria.